On Tap are an international ecommerce software system integrator. We specialise in providing best-in-class support and development services to online merchants using the Magento, Shopify, BigCommerce and Akeneo platforms.
We have an opening for a Senior Magento developer offering great opportunity to develop and progress within the company.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering best practice Magento solutions for a range of clients - in both the contexts of project build and business-as-usual support. You will have extensive Magento experience and will likely be already working at another Magento Solution Partner agency where you have gained operational experience suitable for this role. You will be expected to demonstrate your technical capabilities on a daily basis, solving problems and delivering architecturally sound technical projects that stand up to scrutiny.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in a phenomenally successful growth industry. You will benefit from excellent training and career progression opportunities.
- Development of Magento modules
- Creation of system integrations between Magento and external systems
- Bug fixing and root cause analysis
- Platform migration to Magento 2 (from Magento 1, or other platforms)
- Life-cycle technical ownership of new build projects
- Provide estimations for client projects or feature requests
- Provide mentorship of junior developers
- Specify technical tasks for a project and then distribute and manage the completion of these tasks within the engineering team
- Code review
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years Magento (extensive demonstrable Magento 2 experience) and general PHP framework development experience
- Magento 2 certified developer
- Demonstrable DevOps experience, dealing with Linux and virtualized environments
- Software development experience in at least one other language apart from PHP
- Good knowledge of Git version control concepts, including branching and merging strategies
- Experience with Magento 2 Enterprise/Commerce edition
- Good knowledge of Composer
- Excellent demonstrable knowledge of the concepts and practical implementation of Object Oriented PHP, Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Excellent communicator, very good spoken and written English
- Confident to liaise with clients directly
- Understands the commercial side of software development
- Strong work ethic
- Willing to work in a busy environment that mixes project build as well as support-driven development where priorities change often
- Committed and passionate about technology
This role is based in the UK. We have offices in East Sussex and London. However, for the right candidate remote working in the UK is available.
Dependent upon experience.
NO AGENCIES OR RECRUITMENT COMPANIES